Responsible for the overall strategy implementation
and direction of the Company across business functions on Quality Assurance, Health, Safety and Environment, New Business Development
Initiatives and Projects, Inbound Supply Chain
and Continuous Improvement Process (CIP).
Our client, together with their subsidiaries, manufactures and distributes branded and own label food products in the United Kingdom, other European countries, and internationally. It operates through Grocery and Sweet Treats segments. The company offers a portfolio of product categories, including flavourings and seasonings. Its products portfolio also comprises ambient desserts. The company offers its products through supermarkets, discounters, convenience stores, and wholesale and food service facilities, as well as through online channels. The organisation was founded in 1975 and is headquartered in the United Kingdom.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Health, Safety and Environment
- Responsible for the overall management of the Quality Assurance function, including processes and personnel;
- Ensure that correct quality (as per Value Chain Grist) is delivered;
- Ensure that the best quality of grain is sourced within environmental or market related restraints e.g. poor quality of crops, shortages or high pricing;
- Find alternative solutions offered if the standard of grain is not delivered e.g. alternative wheat grade recommended or added gluten;
- Ensure that all alternative solutions recommended are within a reasonable price e.g. a market related price and/or must be financially viable;
- Define and implement policies and procedures and ensure that all CIM products (Flour, Maize meal, Pasta, Biscuits, Bread, Rice, Chicken and Feed) and the respective production processes and facilities are compliant with HACCP standards;
- Responsible for market and customer support in terms of product quality;
- Responsible and custodian of all food safety certifications.
New Business Development and Projects (Including R&D, NPD, New Technologies)
- Implement the Group Occupational Health, Safety and Environment Strategy and ensure that the relevant policies and procedures are in place and are adhered to;
- Conduct HSE audits and ensure that the respective improvement action plans are implemented and sustained;
- Remain fully informed about the latest regulatory requirements regarding occupational Health, Safety and Environment;
- Formulate Health, Safety and Environment objectives in conjunction with senior management;
- Evaluate and implement the applicable HSE standards and recommendations;
- Coordinate the active and effective functioning of Health and Safety Committees in all operational areas;
- Ensure that HSE training is conducted as required;
- Provide monthly reports to management;
- Propose HSE risk reduction projects, including risk/cost/benefit analysis.
Inbound Supply Chain
- Responsible for the product development life cycle for local market and exports;
- Create new products;
- Collect market intelligence and conduct competitor’s evaluation;
- Matching products in identified segments, channels or markets and provide input to nominated operational projects;
- Interaction with new customers and consumers;
- Coordinate and facilitate the relationship between the customers and the Quality team;
- Responsible for project feasibility studies (Documentation, understanding of product specifications and compliance) and proposal to Management;
- Customer Evaluation;
- Product related complaints resolution and customer satisfaction;
- Understand the customer requirements and support the Procurement team with leads;
- Harmonize products and processes;
- Project Management and new technology implementation.
Continuous Improvement Process (CIP)
- Procurement and Purchasing: review and formalize the procurement policy, establish a procurement database with comprehensive information on suppliers, price benchmarking, lists of goods and respective specifications and delivery turnaround times. Formalise quotation / tender procedures, best price for quality and service level objectives as well as supplier relationship management.
- Importation: ensure adherence to import and export legislation and practices, streamline and manage the flow of the process.
- Receiving: scrutinise and enforce documentation procedures and financial control.
- Stores: inventory optimisation and management.
- Inbound Logistics: manage the inbound supply chain and ensure that the flow is optimised and managed effectively. Ensure that policies, procedures and controls are in place. Define process flows and reinforce documentation scrutiny.
People Management (Departmental Team)
- Drive change across the organization through analysis of existing business processes and identification of opportunities for improvement;
- Develop short- and long-term strategies for the organization and incorporate Lean Six Sigma and other methodologies to facilitate the improvement of efficiencies, process optimization and cost saving;
- Coordinate and lead key projects for improvement across all levels of the organization;
- Coordinate Lean Six Sigma workshops, trainings and certifications (Yellow Belts, Green Belts, Black Belts, Master Black Belts, Lean Champions, Lean Practitioners and Lean Leaders) in coordination with the Human Resources Department. Promote coaching and knowledge sharing as part of the company culture creation.
- Identify and continuously review a pipeline of projects, facilitate the allocation and implementation.
- Responsible for branch reporting.
Education & Experience Required:
- Ensure that an adequately skilled departmental team is in place;
- Manage team performance through formal performance management and Invocom processes;
- Promote knowledge transfer within the team and ensure multi-disciplinary awareness;
- Manage discipline and ensure adherence to Human Resources policies and procedures.
- At least 10 years of FMCG experience in a similar position
Competencies (knowledge, skills and attributes):
- Business Management or Food Technology Degree. MBA or Lean Six Sigma Certification (Green Belt or Black Belt)
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Knowledge of the FMCG business dynamics;
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Assertive, dynamic and proactive;
- Hands-on individual, capable of motivating others at all levels while maintaining discipline and sound work practices;
- Conflict handling ability;
- Leadership skills;
- Analytical skills;
- Communication and Coordination skills.
- Proficient in Portuguese
- Duration: Perm
- Salary: attractive packages offered
- Location: Matola – Mozambique
- Reports to: Managing Director
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button and visit www.caglobalint.com
for the latest CA Global jobs.
CA Global Africa Recruitment
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.