321 1207 MHU
The Buyer will be responsible for ensuring that the company selects the most appropriate goods and services on the basis of price, quality and services support. The incumbent must develop the best buying strategies for the company with a view to consistently maintain quality and managing costs. This role reports directly in to the Group Procurement Manager.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Ensure that all orders are in accordance with signed supplier contracts.
- Obtain quotations prior to adjudication of an order.
- Ensure that all orders are in accordance with the company standards and minimum requirements.
- Ensure that all orders are complete within the negotiated lead-time.
- Follow up on all orders that are outside of the negotiated lead-time and take corrective action.
- Management and maintenance of outstanding purchase orders per supplier.
- Report on a weekly basis on all outstanding orders and liaise with the Procurement Manager concerning the progress of their outstanding orders / quotations
- Constantly strive to improve vendor relations and provide long-term information that would enable the vendor to improve the service to and create a better understanding of our mutual business requirements.
- Investigating / analysing of defects / non-conformances and instituting improvements / methods or systems to prevent the re-occurrence of these defects / non-conformances.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining good and productive relationships with nominated clients.
- Management of Suppliers and costs within the company's policies, procedures and approvals framework.
- Negotiation of price stability and favourable price.
- Conduct all purchasing with the appropriate skill and integrity and conduct negotiations in a professional manner.
- Ensure that ISO 9001, 14001 and 18001 policies and procedures are adhered to.
- To ensure that client BBBEE certificates/ratings were received and direct the short and long term objectives to clients without BBBEE ratings
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Grade 12, Purchasing Qualification, studying towards or completed
- At least 5 years’ experience as a technical buyer in a drilling mining environment.
- Must be strong on Microsoft office, Accpac experience advantageous.
- Strong negotiating and expediting skills and possess a good technical knowledge of exploration drilling and different rigs.
- Experience in Warehousing and Logistics
- Experience with exporting
- Exposure to supplier contracts.
- Knowledge of purchasing practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of materials, products, and the commodity market in area of specialization.
- Technical knowledge / identification of components used for mining equipment.
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with all levels of employees of customer
Please apply directly by clicking on the ‘apply now button’
and visit www.camining.com
for the latest CA Mining jobs.
Senior Executive Recruitment Consultant
Should you not receive a response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.