Our client, a successful mineral mining company that is operating at international standards, is searching for a Plant Manager accountable for the daily management of shifts and of production activities at the Wet Concentrator Plant.
This role is also accountable for achieving the tailings backfill plan and all infrastructure readiness for tailings disposal and process water supply.
The role is also responsible for communicating and ensuring that key safety and production targets are met while also supporting the achievement of quality and recovery target in collaboration with the Metallurgy department.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Developing specific plans in terms of people, equipment, other resources/logistics and time lines to meet short- and medium-term production targets/requirements
- Builds in contingency plans to take cognisance of ground conditions, weather patterns, safety factors, competency levels and other factors likely to impact on the Wet Concentrating production environment
- Participates meaningfully in Engineering planning meetings relating to systematic prioritisation of maintenance operations to meet production targets
- Manages and coordinates site production activities taking into account organizational, resource and natural elements and constraints
- Ensures that staffing and competency requirements are met in conjunction with the WCP Manager
- Manage all tailings facilities in line with the the group procedures, Mines & Minerals Operational Regulations
- Manage HSE according to International HSE standards
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Degree qualified (Mechanical Engineering, Processing Engineering or metallurgy qualification preferred)
- Similar experience operating on processing plants (operation and maintenance) with 5 years hand-on, operational experience within a processing operation plus 5 years supervisory experience
- High level computer literacy in MS Office and SCADA systems
- Driver’s License essential, and other mobile plant licenses highly regarded
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button and visit www.caglobalint.com
for the latest CA Global jobs.
CA Mining: Global Recruitment
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.