325 2607 MHU
To provide direct oversight of the mine planning practices and development of the Strategic Plans for the Underground assets within the African Region, in order to drive optimised direction for the operations to achieve business objectives/targets. This role reports directly in to the VP: Mining.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Modelling behaviour that is consistent with the Company’s Vision and Values, assisting in driving a culture where Safety is our first value
- The development of robust strategic plans for the assigned Underground assets within the International Operations which includes identifying opportunities for step changes for the current assets, and subsequent service and support of the strategic plans.
- Ensuring Asset level alignment on the Strategic Plans with sites and providing information to the African Leadership Team.
- Provide support by providing input on asset potential and the consolidation of the African Operations strategy.
- Provide support and services as required to the African Leadership Group on portfolio optimisation, including asset purchases and sales
- Provide mine specialised planning services and support to projects within the African Operations and as required to the Technical team.
- To provide high level support to the Ore Reserves process including Technical Specialist sign off.
- To provide Technical Support to strategy and direction of non-Company Managed JV’s and major projects within the African Operations
- Contributing productively as a member of the Technical team for the African Region
- Contributing to the development and delivery of the African Operations strategic plans and ensuring that the Technical Group develops and manages and reports against effective plans and schedules
- Establishing and maintaining a productive Mining Strategy Group business culture. Maintain a positive relationship with all stakeholders
Benefits and Contractual information:
- A relevant degree; a post-graduate degree and/or business qualification (MBA, financial course etc.) will be highly beneficial
- At least 8-10 years planning experience within an underground mining environment of which at least three (3) years is at a manger level or in a technical specialist role
- Sound practical understanding of the entire mining value chain including mining, geotechnical, metallurgy and projects
- Demonstrate knowledge in production management, tracking, mining dispatch systems, surveying, geology, contract management, drilling & blasting techniques
- Ability to take a whole-of-business perspective in managing multiple competing priorities and reconciling these with the Company’s strategic priorities
- Excellent understanding of mine planning software packages, and a demonstrated ability to use then to their full capability.
- Demonstrated capacity to make sound short-term tactical decisions – quickly assembling and interpreting data to successfully action priorities
- Strong ability to lead and work effectively with people, including leading high performing professional teams
- Demonstrated capability and willingness to explore and embrace different cultures
- Well-developed industry networks
- Will involve extensive travel
Please apply directly by clicking on the ‘apply now button’
and visit www.camining.com
for the latest CA Mining jobs.
Senior Executive Recruitment Consultant
Should you not receive a response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.