Reference Number: RSB
A leading, Pan – African investment group are seeking a Financial Manager to join their affiliate company within the Retail & FMCG space. This role will be responsible for the full financial management function & maintenance of all accounting records for the company and will be base in the Johannesburg office.
In conjunction with a team of admin staff this individual will be responsible for:
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Cash book maintenance.
- Management of creditors function (including supplier payment, reconciling to supplier statement).
- Management of debtor’s function (including debt collection and reconciling debtors’ balances).
- Provide monthly creditor and debtor age analysis.
- Reconcile salary information provided by third party salary administrators to bank account payments.
- Reconcile VAT accounts, prepare and submit VAT returns as well as make payments, collect refunds as is applicable.
- Daily takings reconciliations for takings relating to the prior day for all stores, with the weekends and public holiday takings being reconciled on the next working day.
- Reconciliation of petty cash items at the stores on a monthly basis.
- General ledger responsibility.
- Daily bank reconciliations.
- Other asset/liability reconciliations.
- Fixed assets – sub ledger to general ledger.
- Maintenance of general ledger to trial balance.
- Prepare management accounts on a monthly basis.
- Enhance internal operational efficiencies and development of reporting tools to enhance the performance of the business.
- Ensure compliance with tax authorities and other statutory legislation (PAYE, VAT, APS, Border Tax, Namboard and Dairy Board).
- A relevant tertiary qualification is essential.
- Minimum of two years relevant (ideally post articles) working experience.
- Should the candidate not be a qualified Chartered Accountant, they should have the relevant working experience and the relevant skill set.
- The successful candidate will have previous experience as a Financial Accountant.
- Previous experience within the FMCG industry or retail services industry will be highly advantageous.
- An excellent command of English, both written and verbal, is a requirement of the job.
Please apply directly, by clicking on the ‘apply button’
and visit www.caglobalint.com
for the latest CA Global jobs.
CA Global Finance
Should you not receive a response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.