Reference Number: MAS_2019_1011
The Stevedoring and Terminal/Logistics Manager will look after the effective planning and management in order to meet workload expectations, will provide technical advice and support to team members and clients and will develop continuous improvement practices throughout operations, process and policies.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Plan work schedules, assign duties and supervise terminal and Stevedoring activities prior to the ship coming into port.
- Check work areas for safe operation of stevedores and checkers, and that all labour has been assembled for adequate and efficient operations.
- Supervise the gangs for vessel loading and unloading, in accordance with the vessel plan.
- Collaborate with workers and managers to solve work-related problems, especially to improve efficiencies and drive down costs.
- Review work throughout the work process and at completion to ensure that it has been performed properly.
- Check specifications of materials loaded or unloaded against information contained in work orders.
- Examine freight to determine loading sequences, estimate equipment, time, and staffing requirements for a given vessel call based on work orders and job specifications.
- Liaise with PNG Ports and Stevedores in outports to keep port time and delays in the outports to a minimum.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Significant industry knowledge of processes and well-developed commercial acumen
- Decisive, think laterally, splendid attitude and strong work ethic
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven Management skills
- Decision making skills
- Computer literate and well-developed MS Word & Excel skills
- Residential Role
- 2 Year Contract
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV
to MARGARET SWART
Please visit www.camining.com
for more exciting opportunities.
Senior Recruitment Consultant
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.