Reference Number: 050 21 10 AB
Our client, a mining company is looking for an experienced Dry Mining and Tailings Optimisation Manager to join their operations in West Africa.
Improve Dry Mining Processes:
- Track and improve on the target by developing systems to review performance & address variance, by identifying and eliminating bottlenecks and by fostering a continuous improvement approach.
- Develop and review the operating cost and capital budget and forecast and constantly focuses on improving productivity
- Review all pre mining, overburden removal, ore mining, tailings embankment construction and rehabilitation execution activities
- Ensures the technical team provides the required level of service to support all execution activities associated with the Dry Mining Division
Manage Machine Service Contract and Mining Services:
- Auditing of the Volvo machine service contract and all machine hire contracts supporting the mining division.
- Evaluate equipment availabilities are maintained in line with the requirements of the contract.
- Ensure contractors are held accountable to the scope of work.
Supervision of Staff:
- Clearly define roles, objectives and expectations of all team members
- Actions aligned with objectives and high levels of commitment demonstrated
- Progress monitoring and feedback against expected outcomes
Environment, Health and Safety:
Requirements: Qualifications and Skills
- Ensure compliance with the Mines & Minerals Operational Regulations by implementing training programs for site personnel.
- Ensure compliance with the regulations associated with the EPA and Environmental Impact License by implementing training programs for site personnel.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Great experience in supervising a large mining fleet
- A degree in Mining Engineering is preferred
- An internationally recognized mine/quarry managers certificate and the ability to obtain a Mine Managers Certificate in line with the requirements of the Mine
- Competency in constructing and managing tailings storage facilities
- Demonstrated competence in a senior management role in a major resource environment
- Demonstrated understanding of project management techniques
- Driver’s license essential, and other mobile plant licenses (Dozer, Haul Truck, Excavator) highly regarded
- Expat benefits
- Salary in USD
- Roster 7/3