350 1211 MHU
The Winder Engineer is accountable for monitoring and controlling the quality of maintenance of winding equipment to ensure it is compliant, safe, in accordance with operational and engineering policies, standards, systems and procedures to maximize plant availability in a sustainable cost-effective manner and minimize operational risks in order to meet the business’ strategic objective
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Application review of safety standards and work practices for the refurbishment construction and infrastructure workforce to enable the safety targets to be managed and achieved.
- Application of HSE regulations with zero tolerance to breaches.
- Safety behaviour demonstration consistent with Company vision and values.
- Lead by example to create a safe working environment, where risks are assessed and managed, so tasks are performed without risk of injury or harm.
- Continuous improvement of design and field safety performance.
- Inspections, audits, JHA, etc. of the Safety Management System delivering compliance
- Timely investigation of all injuries, illness, and incidents with action plans developed to prevent recurrences
- Ensure monitoring and data collection to demonstrate execution of the surface infrastructure aspects of construction, refurbishment and maintenance activities in accordance with the Government of Ghana conditions of approvals and the site’s Environmental Management Plan
- Environmental-related workplace instruction to any employee
- Zero reportable environmental incidents, zero compliance breaches and no events requiring public disclosure
- Investigate process interruptions using ‘Analyse and Improve’ tools
- Underground Maintenance team processes required to support the role holder in executing the project
- Using Company’s How We Work guidelines, clearly define the roles and accountabilities of subordinates.
- For those Company employees who will be part of the continuing operation, prepare and execute training and development plans.
- Ensure the organization structure is capable of delivering the electrical maintenance strategy
- Communicate policies and procedures in a manner so as to achieve full understanding and compliance
- Provide guidance to subordinates in leadership techniques to achieve maximum performance
- Develop a skills matrix that includes all disciplines and individual achievements
- Identify skill deficiencies and initiate corrective action
- For the electrical aspects of following winding work activities, ensure the processes are in place for timely completion of works on: Winding infrastructure equipment by the provision of
- Electrical subject matter input into the design and constructability process, ensuring safe constructability remains a high priority
- Electrical advice and guidance to the refurbishment project team on best practice, fit for purpose engineering and construction outcomes to meet approved design specifications
- Review, approval and sign off of the winding infrastructure items detailed in the Refurbishment Execution Plan and schedule, infrastructure detailed design requirements, detailed testing plans, operational commissioning plans, handover plans, training plans, manuals, records, drawings, specifications and documents issued.
- Deliver winding requirements consistent with the procurement and contracting strategy, which address the construction time, cost and quality risks.
- Monitor internal processes that support management of the interface with the EPCM contractor for construction and refurbishment works.
- Monitor the development of maintenance planning and management outcomes in winding
- Comply with reporting processes for managing winding equipment installation and refurbishment contractor and the Company maintenance workforce to deliver works that meet cost, schedule and quality expectations consistent with the scope and quality contained in the Feasibility Study within area of accountability.
- Proactively control the refurbishment process to avoid potential project cost and schedule overruns.
- Control winding refurbishment priorities within a dynamic environment, whilst maintaining safety, budget, schedule and quality targets.
- Communicate accurate and timely construction schedule delivery, progress, cost and quality information in the area of accountability
- Design and put in place reporting structure to provide major inputs to Maintenance Manager - UG to allow reporting of Operational Readiness for the winding operations.
- Monitor the compliant completion of the winding aspects of the Operational Readiness plan for the mining teams including localisation plan.
- Engage and develop appropriately skilled, capable and experienced personnel in the area of accountability.
- Use the systems for the winding department to provide effective planning of work, efficient and safe work practices, monitoring of performance and promote continuous improvement.
- Verify the standard of work of the maintenance of the winding equipment during the Phase1 & 2 Operations.
- Monitor and ensure the work carried out by the underground maintenance team on the winding equipment is of a standard that is compliant, supports the operational requirements of the equipment and is at optimum cost
- Identify sub-standard work practices, identify root cause and eliminate by corrective action.
- Task subordinates in line with achieving the agreed production plan
- Work with the team of engineers to specify, design, analyze and verify new components and systems.
- Implement corporate programs, e.g. asset management strategies, System for People, Operational Effectiveness, etc across areas of control.
- Deploy management routines to identify defects in the workplace
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, or equivalent, Master’s Degree in Management advantageous
- Financial, commercial and project management through work experience and courses
- An experienced Winder Operations Manager/Engineer with over 10 years’ experience in underground mining
- Experience in management of Maintenance and Repair Contracts (MARC)
- Experience in Project Management
- Knowledge of SAP PM module
- Must possess Engineering Managers Certificate of Competence from Mineral Commission of Ghana Or Winder Operations Engineer Certificate or Similar – issued by the Government of Ghana or an international certificate valid in Ghana.
- Professional Certificated Engineer with a relevant certification body
- Technical competencies: Strong Winder Operations competencies in underground mining; strong analytical skills; commercially astute; Excellent skills with Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Project.
- Proven management experience
- Permanent role
- Ghanaian nationals strongly encouraged to apply
Please apply directly by clicking on the ‘apply now button’
and visit www.camining.com
for the latest CA Mining jobs.
Senior Executive Recruitment Consultant
Should you not receive a response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.