360 2201 MHU
A well-established mining equipment provider has a vacancy for a Sales Engineer – Marketing to be based in Johannesburg. Their main mission is to increase the Mining and Rock Excavation Services (MRS) marketing and sales activity in the respective regions. Core duty is to increase Sales revenue by marketing all products and services. This role reports directly in to the Drilling Solutions Marketing Manager.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Constantly visit customers in order to establish and create customer relationships.
- Develop Sales and Marketing strategies to increase Revenue.
- Drive Initiates with customers to increase Sales.
- Obtain information about the customer challenges and issues.
- Measure and monitor business gained vs business lost.
- Make offers for all products and service offerings.
- Understand competitor actives with customers and develop strategy to win over business from competitors.
- Increase customer share by ring fencing customers.
- Drive new sales initiatives and campaigns
- Perform Audit’s on customer machines, in order to obtain better knowledge and understanding of customers fleet type, condition and ability.
- Provide reports and studies on fleet Mechanical Availability, Ultization, MTBF, MTTR, Operator behaviour.
- Obtain detailed information on customer component change out plans, parts purchases, stock on hand, financial budgets and strategies.
- Understand and provide solutions to customer transaction methodologies.
- Drive high customer satisfaction
- Provide marketing managers with customer analyse, as per the above activities.
- Drive fleet management data accuracy (component track, machine hours and lifespan) via fleet synch and MOL.
- Assist Marketing teams with technical proposal.
- Collect competitor data, competitor price, technical advantage and competitor market penetration.
- Submit/ present proposals to the respective customers, Indicate Company Values base offering.
- Drive and promote MRS products and services sales.
- Follow up on all proposal provided to customers.
- Find out about offering discrepancy and revise proposals. Revise offer to secure the deal.
- Work with work shop to drive customer satisfaction
- Work close with the marketing team
- Work close to with technical departments to increase customer share.
- Work with Capital Equipment to make combined offer
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Commercial Qualification (N.Dip)
- Technical Qualification (N.Dip)
- At least 5 – 10 years relevant experience
- Strong sales & marketing capabilities
- Must be proactive, results-driven and possess a proven success record
- Strong understanding of mining operations
- Strong understanding of engineering concepts