General Manager (Iron Ore / DRI / Sponge Iron / MBA) – Abuja, Nigeria
Reference Number: 006 1102 RR
- Our client a Natural Resources and Steel producer, plan to do backward integration for Steel operations in Nigeria. We are looking for a dynamic leader to join as its General Manager / Chief Executive Officer, who will report to the board of directors
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Work closely with Project Management Consultant and other consultants involved during the Project Implementation stage and ensure the timely completion of project.
- Work closely with Project team and supervise the preparation of budget and ensure strict adherence to budget.
- Preparation of annual strategic and financial plan.
- Evaluate company’s financial and operational performance and devise action plan for continual improvements.
- Foster relationships and consistently maintain communication with board members.
- Work closely with HR and set Key Performance Indicators/Key Business Objectives for all department heads. Implement system to identify the training needs of manpower, optimum staffing and provide conducive requirement to achieve higher retention.
- Act as spokesperson for company in media, conferences, government agencies and general public; attend board and shareholder meetings.
- Work closely with the Finance and Operational team and supervise the preparation of monthly and quarterly financial budgets.
- Always work closely with Tax and Legal team and assure statutory compliance.
- Liaise with various Government Agencies for compliances under applicable rules and regulations.
- Develop and implement organization wide policies and procedures that will improve operational and financial effectiveness of the company.
- Continuous interaction with staff at all levels and collect feedback for effective bonding between senior executive team, managers and junior staffs and achieve common goal.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Engineering Degree preferably in Mining/Metallurgy
- Master’s in business administration or similar relevant field would be an added advantage
- Minimum of 20 years of experience in Mining/Sponge Iron (DRI) industry out of which 10 years in Senior Management Level.
- Prior experience as CEO is an added advantage.
- Good knowledge of other business functions such as finance, legal, marketing, HR etc.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Good knowledge of Corporate Governance.
- South African citizens are encouraged to apply
- Competitive salary package, fixed component (USD)
- Accommodation, Medical Aid and Company vehicle
- Annual Performance Bonus, variable component (up to 30% of Annual Package)
- 2 tickets per year, with 28 days leave (14 days per roster)
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV
to Ruan Roodt
Please visit www.camining.com
for more exciting opportunities.
Senior Executive Consultant
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.