Reference Number: RSB
A leading Commercial bank in Mauritius is looking to hire a Trade Finance Specialist to be based at their head office in Port Louis. The main purpose of this position is to be responsible for managing and overseeing the Trade Finance Activities. They will efficiently manage the section in line with established procedures and trade regulations while overseeing the processing of trade transactions with a view to satisfy internal and external customers.
Qualification and Skill
- Ensure all Trade Finance activities are carried out in compliance with Policies, Rules and Regulations.
- Import and Export financing & Establishment of Letters of Credit.
- Issuance of Bank Guarantees Locally and outside Mauritius.
- Examine and execute documentary credits.
- Maintain liaison with Credit / Operations / Treasury and other Departments for optimal Service Delivery.
- Enhance Customer Experience by maintaining agreed Service Levels.
- Process varied and complex Trade documents, including but not limited to checking Export and Import bills and handling transferable letter of credit applications, amendment applications and transfers.
- Handling Standby Letter of Credit and guarantees in accordance with policies.
- Participate in bank/corporate customer meetings on an as needed basis.
- Handling enquiries from both internal and external Stakeholders.
- Accurate and timely reports for senior Management.
- Diarise import and export acceptance bills.
- Send Tracers for overdue/unpaid import and export bills.
Key technical skills
- Degree in Banking/Finance/Accounting or any related field, however, a Master degree would definitely be an advantage.
- Trade Certification CITF, CDCS or CSDG will be an advantage.
- At least 5 years working experience within Trade Finance (specialization in Trade Product).
- Well versed with Microsoft tools
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Good interpersonal and communication (oral / written) skills both in French and English medium.
- Mauritian nationals preferred.
- Sound Import and Export trade related knowledge and experience.
- Sound knowledge of Inwards / Outwards Remittances processes.
- Experience in handling applications and submissions including letters of credit, Transferable documentary credit, standby letter of Credit and other specialized documentary credit.
- Experience in handling bank guarantees locally and outside Mauritius.
- Experience in document checking and documentary credit opening.
- Detail conscious approach with the ability to work effectively and independently.
- Knowledge of ICC rules (UPC600, URC522, ISBP, URDG758).
- Exposure to Regulatory reporting pertaining to Trade Finance.
- Proven experience of managing / coaching large teams.
- Prior experience to successfully driving initiatives/projects.
- Knowledge in Finacle Banking system will be an advantage.
Please apply directly, by clicking on the ‘apply button’
and visit www.caglobalint.com
for the latest CA Global jobs.
CA Global Finance
Should you not receive a response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.