A leading multinational tire manufacturing
company has an exciting opportunity which will be based in Port Elizabeth, South Africa. Our client manufactures tires for automobiles, commercial trucks, light trucks, motorcycles, SUVs, race cars, airplanes, farm equipment and heavy earth-mover machinery.
A vacancy for an HR Specialist has become available within our clients Human Resources Division at their factory facility in Uitenhage.
Reporting dually to one of our Business Team Managers (BTM) and HR Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for supporting respective business unit by coordinating Benefits, Payroll and Services
to team members as per company procedures, complying with company policies, local legislation and advising in all other Human Resource related questions. Support BTM in all Human Resources matters, provide guidance
to team leaders to ensure a proper behaviour in the plant, as well as follow up on disciplinary actions
within the team.
Qualifications & Experience Required:
- Support Line Management in assessing organizational effectiveness and internal climate, connecting with functional HR support for implementing improvement actions.
- Prepare staffing requirements, hiring needs, performance management, and development. Conduct new hire orientation, coordination safety and training actions as required.
- Coordinate termination processes with Human Resources, business leadership, and conduct exit interviews.
- Support Communications - Specialist in internal communications programs
- Support business team leadership in the correct application of Collective Agreements and Labour Law compliance. Track employee attendance and Overtime. Investigate absenteeism and provide Employee assistance when necessary.
- Represent the Company in conciliations and in union meetings
- Accountable for establishing the Business team training strategies to ensure alignment with the needs of the business and to ensure that the associates get the needed skills to perform their job
- Responsibility for the entire training environment in the Business team. Includes the assessment of needs, development of programs and curriculum, conducting training via appropriate medium (distance learning, instructor-led classroom, online), coordinating training schedules, providing coaching on select right skills and assessing and measuring overall training program effectiveness.
- Required: Diploma / Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or in a related field.
- At least 4 years of experience in services or departments of Human Resources in manufacturing environments.
- Hands-on experience in HR Generalist positions, labour relations, benefits and experience with external dispute handling
- Ability to interact with others with positive influence.
- Must possess a high degree of integrity and cultural awareness,
- Possess effective communication, presentation and influence skills.
- Must be a self-starter with good organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of metrics and HR reporting, including proficiency in Word and Excel required.
Neg. (Grade E04)
, Port Elizabeth
Business Team Managers (BTM) and HR Manager