Head of Compliance (Africa / Group Compliance / General Council / Law) – Rosebank, South Africa
Reference Number: 007 1802 RR
To ensure the implementation, maintenance and improvement of company compliance and risk processes and tools, accompany its development, ensure the implementation, oversight and monitoring of the Group’s ethical standards, codes and rules and liaise with Group Compliance, Exco and Mancom
Compliance Program / Policies and Procedures
Supporting & Leadership role
- Maintain and revise policies and procedures for the general operation of the business Compliance program and its relevant activities, to prevent illegal, unethical and improper conduct.
- Manage day-to-day operations of the Program.
- Periodically review and update changes and amendments to the standard of Conduct, to ensure continued relevance in providing guidance to management and employees.
- Collaborate with other departments (e.g., Risk, Internal Audit, HR, etc.) to direct compliance issues to appropriate existing channels for investigation and resolution.
- Consult with the Legal department or the Corporate attorney as needed to resolve difficult legal compliance issues.
- Manage the compliance team.
- Respond to alleged violations of rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and Standards of Conduct by evaluating, investigating and or recommending actions.
- Develop and oversee a system for uniform handling of whistleblowing complaints or other violations.
- Act as an independent review and evaluation body to ensure that compliance issues/concerns within the organization are being appropriately evaluated, investigated and resolved.
- Provide reports on a regular basis, as directed or requested, to keep the Corporate Compliance Committee of the Board and senior management informed of the operation and progress of compliance efforts.
- Ensures proper reporting of violations or potential violations to Group General Counsel, Africa General Counsel, Management Committee, Excom and the CEO: Africa, as and when required.
- Institute and maintain an effective compliance communication program for the organization, including promoting (a) use of the Compliance Hotline;
(b) heightened awareness of Standards of Conduct, and
(c) understanding new and existing compliance issues and related policies and procedures.
- Work with the Human Resources Department and others as appropriate to develop an effective compliance training program, including appropriate introductory training for new employees as well as ongoing training for all employees and managers.
- Action and report on vendor verifications (CPDD’s) Oversee and monitor new and existing vendors to identify the risks associated with their relationship with the Company.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Monitor, and coordinate compliance activities of other departments to remain abreast of the status of all compliance activities to identify risk trends.
- Identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk; develop/implement corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues and provide general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future.
- Monitor the performance of the Compliance Program and relates activities on a continuing basis, taking appropriate steps to improve its effectiveness.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business/Law required
- Master’s degree in Business/Law desired
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in a compliance/risk position
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience within the mining / energy / oil & gas / construction industry
- Employment type: permanent
- Succession plan in place
- Competitive package
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV
to Ruan Roodt
Please visit www.camining.com
for more exciting opportunities.
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.