394 1905 MHU
To provide technical mine engineering and planning support to the underground operation, ensuring optimum ventilation, dewatering, backfilling, scheduling, designs and mining operations that contribute towards achieving production targets, mining efficiency and safety objectives. This role reports directly into the Project Manager.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Design and optimise stopes based on drilling results as well as economic, operational and geotechnical factors for optimum reserve extraction.
- Design development and auxiliary infrastructure that support optimum operations.
- Develop and update ore and waste rock dump designs
- Plan, schedule, track and coordinate Short, Medium and Long Term production schedules that incorporates all related underground mining and support activities, including diamond drilling, blast schedules, advance rates, equipment availability, utilisation, backfill, dewatering, roof support, ventilation, construction, operational efficiencies, etc.
- Act as an owner’s representative in management of the underground mine development contractor
- Work with the development contractor to optimise designs and work plans for performance, cost, and safety
- Review, comment, or approve contractor daily, weekly, or monthly reports and verify physical quantities where required
- Compilation of daily, weekly and monthly drilling plans for LH Drilling in applicable software to achieve designed powder factors and fragmentation
- Continually update the Mine Planning database (e.g. production figures, cycle times, penetration rates, etc.) that feed the Planning system with accurate and real time data inputs
- Do periodic (weekly, monthly) and systematic analysis of production data in order to identify, analyse and improve production efficiencies.
- Optimise LH drilling, stope and tunnel design, blasting techniques, and scheduling to improve operational efficiencies.
- Conduct economic analysis and trade off studies of different schedules and operating scenarios
- Manage underground production and construction related projects
- Compare actual excavations to design and identify deviations and causes and minimise these through appropriate interventions or design changes.
- Do weekly and monthly production reconciliations (design vs actual vs Budget) of operations and guide operations to achieve MTP and budget
- Assist with the compilation of the operational budget.
- Operate within own budget
- Ensure on-going and effective communication with staff/contractor
- Comply with the Labour Act: Regulations Pertaining to Health and Safety, Ordinance 20 of 1968, Explosives Act, Minerals Act, Petroleum Act Namibian Mining Act and Regulations and Mine Safety and Health standards.
- Conduct and participate in investigations for all injuries, accidents and equipment damage in line with Company Policy and prepare all documentation in a timely manner
- Demonstrating commitment and leadership in environmental management
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Grade 12
- Degree in Mining Engineering (B. Eng.) (NQF level 8)
- Minimum 7 years of experience as mine engineer in a mechanized hard rock underground mine with at least 3 years supervisory experience
- Strong knowledge, expertise and understanding of underground mine design, infrastructure design, mine optimization, and production planning
- Valid Code BE driver’s licence
- Registered or eligible for professional registration, e.g. with the Engineering Council of Namibia or ECSA (Engineering Council of South Africa)
- Excellent knowledge of mine design software: MineSight, Deswik, Vulcan, Mine 2-4D, EPS Scheduler, etc.
- Permanent role
- 60% office based; 40% underground operations
Please apply directly by clicking on the ‘apply now button’
and visit www.camining.com
for the latest CA Mining jobs.
Senior Executive Recruitment Consultant
Should you not receive a response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.