Our client has a strong track record of responsibly investing, developing and optimizing its asset base of highly productive mines and processing units. With one of the largest and most promising exploration portfolios in the region, they are seeking an HR Director to develop and implement HR strategies for all of their sites.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and sustaining an HR strategy and a complimenting implementation plan aimed at better alignment with business strategy by applying best HR practices.
- The incumbent with also lead the delivery of HR services, advise the senior leadership at the company while reporting to the deputy Managing Director
- Refine HR strategy and overall implementation plan covering talent acquisition, talent management and succession, compensation and benefits, organizational development, employee relations, etc.
- Implement HR policies and procedures for aforementioned areas with a view to align HR strategy with meet business strategy, employee needs, corp. governance and legislative requirements
- Update and maintain HR strategy from time to time while keeping relevant stakeholders informed
- Proactively identify threats, opportunities and report to leadership with a view to ensure a sustainable and efficient workforce
- Monthly dashboard reports covering status updates in all areas of HR
- Periodically review and maintain organization structure, functional/role mapping, grading structure, job profiles (reqd. skills, competencies) etc. with a view to ensure a business environment focused on individual, managerial and leadership development
- Periodically conduct benchmarking exercises (local labour market) with a view to attract, motivate, retain right talent for business ensuring compliance with the local labour law
- Ensure competitive talent meeting job requirements is hired efficiently (time, cost)
- Design and sustain a performance management mechanism (goal-setting, review, rewards) focused on high-productivity with a view to build a performance-oriented culture
- Design and sustain learning and development program including individual development plans, training programs, and succession planning
- Recommend and lead employee engagement programs to boost employee morale, happiness quotient and organizational climate
- Pro-actively engage with organized labour bodies, councils, unions, etc. to ensure excellent employee relations and avoid unrest, fall-outs, disruptions, etc.
- Pro-actively identify risks, plan interventions and resolve grievances as required
- Ensure labour practices are constantly updated to meet legislative requirements
- Supervise operation expenses, productivity, time and attendance, employee loans, payroll services, etc. ensuring high-integrity and efficiency with keep up with budgets
- Oversee facilities management to ensure hygiene, health and safety standards are met for office areas, common areas, amenities, accommodations, fleet (vehicles) and other assets of the company
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Bachelor’s degree mandatory; Secondary/tertiary qualifications in human resources, CIPD, SHRM or equivalent qualifications preferred
- Over 15 years’ experience with at least 3 years heading the human resources function at manufacturing/production or mining business.
- Prior experience with a mining business highly preferred
- Prior experience successfully dealing with unions and managing a unionized workforce
- Prior experience of workforce skills evaluation and development
- Excellent communication skills and French highly advantageous
- Strong personal credibility and interpersonal skills with the ability to build trusted relationships at all levels of the business over multiple and remote sites
- Experience working cross-culturally with diverse colleagues
- FIFO or Residential Contract Optional
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button and visit www.caglobalint.com
for the latest CA Global jobs.
CA Mining: Global Recruitment
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.