Reference Number: 2529VG
Our client is looking for a Senior Project Geologist who will provide excellence in the execution, supervision and management of safe exploration programs in Angola.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Oversee consistent application of Safety & Health principles in all discipline interactions and take personal responsibility for safety of self and others to ensure zero harm and elimination of fatalities
- Act as a role model and reinforce a workplace culture where safety and health for the site is paramount
- Provide an environment for on-site discipline to challenge and act on unsafe behaviors without repercussions
- Consider safety and health impacts for communities in close proximity in decision-making within discipline
- Obtain and maintain license to operate by collaborating with key stakeholders: potential JV partners, government institutions and SHEC professionals.
- Ensure all field activities are conducted according to the clients SHEC Way.
- Development and continual improvement of the Angola geoscientific dataset to enable innovative and successful evaluation of projects.
- Ensure excellence in data management, collection, compilation, and interpretation.
- Identify, rank and aid in the evaluation of projects for potential new business opportunities at different stages of exploration.
- Support development of project proposals and drive project delivery through collaboration with the Exploration Manager and generative teams.
- Compile and integrate multiple datasets and provide analysis and interpretation.
- Collaborate with Geoscientific technical experts (geophysics, geochemistry etc.) to ensure projects are well defined, prioritised and tested.
- Ensure application of technical excellence in exploration.
- Produce internal and external progress reports with focus on different audiences.
- Support the planning and implementation of field assessment of identified project opportunities.
- Conduct field-based technical assessments of newly generated projects or third party opportunities.
- Planning drilling programs / prepare drilling proposals.
- Execute exploration program on budget and on plan.
- Monitor and assess QA/QC of the various work flows to ensure best quality data is obtained
- Regular, ongoing communication with both site and office based senior staff to ensure a coordinated operational effort
- Manage site specific budgets and rosters
- Contractor management and supervision, ensuring that all activities are executed following planned scopes and standards.
- Technical mentoring of geologists to develop their capability in exploration
- Contribute to a purpose-led, high-performing culture within the team that is aligned with the company values, is inclusive and promotes diversity:
- Act as a role model and actively engage as a team member in all team processes.
- Ensure that the discipline specific systems, symbols and behaviors reinforce desired culture and align values.
- Support and contribute to the team development within discipline
- Support peers within the discipline to have the knowledge and skills to perform their roles.
- Contribute to knowledge and skill gaps and provide peer support as required
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Relevant Degree in Geosciences (Essential)
- Membership of a professional body (Desirable)
- Post Graduate studies in Geosciences (Desirable)
- Familiarity with Mineral Systems concepts
- A minimum of ten years exploration experience;
- A minimum of three years in a field leadership role;
- African based field experience beneficial
- Fluent verbal and written communication skills in Portuguese
- Fluent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Excellent technical network in Angola and Southern Africa
- Willingness to work in remote areas
If you wish to apply for the position please send your CV
to Vivienne Gower
Please visit www.camining.com
for more exciting opportunities.
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button and visit www.caglobalint.com
for the latest CA Global jobs.
CA Mining: Global Recruitment
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.