My Client, an international leader in the manufacturing sector is in the process of recruiting a Senior Financial Analyst to join their dynamic team in Uitenhage, Eastern Cape.
Knowledge and experience required:
- Supporting the Commercial Product Business Unit (PBU) and local finance management in analyzing the financial impact of the business.
- Produce reliable financial forecasts (18MRF) and timely reporting and analysis of actual and estimates.
- Provide required reporting of financials at various levels and ensures accurate accounting and compliance especially at the PBU level.
- Assimilate information and understand key business drivers.
- Analyse impact of changes in Price, Management and Legal Costs, cost-to-Serve (CTS), and guide management with information to make sound business decision at PBU/ Brand /SKU level.
- Summarize and communicate financial and operating results against objectives.
- Provide qualitative analysis including variance analysis.
- Track the performance of the business and advise on how to improve on the results.
- Translate actual results into monthly FY (18 Months) forecast.
- Deliver variance analysis between forecast versions.
- Deliver variance analysis between forecast versions which include volume/Price/Mix analysis, sales operations, manufacturing cost, other Cogs and SAG expenses.
- Provide support and financial guidance for the Commercial organization assuring the appropriate return on the company investments.
- Assess and agree on the establishment of realistic and challenging financial objectives, budgets, and strategic plans for the Commercial operations with high level of financial forecast accuracy
- Ensure compliance with financial processes as well as adherence to established corporate policies, internal controls, and statutory requirements.
Education and Qualification required:
- Strong knowledge, understanding, and practical skills in relevant systems (i.e. ERP system: Cognos EDW, Hyperion Planning ( HPL) and SAP preferred.
- Have the ability to analyze data, identify opportunities and propose solutions/alternatives in a pro-active manner.
- Strong Problem solving skills and mentality
- Attention to details and accuracy
- Team player and able to interact with different levels of management
- Able to interface seamlessly with the Commercial leadership
- Bachelor’s required – Financial Accounting
- 4+ years of experience in financial analytical skills and clear business acumen
- Ability to analyse and providing explanations on the financial results and forecasting
- Exposure to a wide variety of finance/business practices in a number of different areas
- PC literacy – Sound computer skills in Excel & Power-point. (SAP experience advantageous)