349 1211 MHU
Our client is a leading global engineering group who require a Head of Finance & Business Control (In essence a CFO) to be based at their Corporate Office in Johannesburg. The successful incumbent will be a strong, integral member of the Executive Management Team and report directly into the VP Sales Southern Africa & Managing Director. The main purpose is to lead, direct, and control the financial resources to maintain the short and long term financial health for the Southern African Sales Area. They must also ensure compliance with IFRS, local legislation, King Code on Corporate Governance, Company Global and Local processes and regulations in the finance area. This role also has a dotted line report to the Group Finance Director based in Europe.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Manages all financial activities, including accounting, financial analysis (business control), audit, tax, credit, reporting and collections.
- Ensures regulatory and legislative compliance for all relevant financial areas of responsibility, including, but not limited to, tax returns, declarations, and other required reports.
- Ensure effective enterprise risk management practices, processes and policies are in take place to mitigate risk to the business.
- Advises management on financial matters and the impact of laws and regulations in the Sales Area.
- Execute effective Management and compliance in line with local legislation and the Company’s Global requirements of 5 of their core entities (to be discussed)
- Provides expert advice to business in developing budgets, forecasts and financial reporting, and how manage their financial responsibilities.
- Develops and evaluate financial plans and policies.
- Establishes and maintains accounting, financial, and reporting policies and controls.
- Selects and manage relationships with consultants and advisors to ensure the satisfactory standards of service and financial compliance.
- Integrates and consolidates financial information for the Sales Area in the required format to the Group and Company.
- Ensures timeous and accurate Sales Area financial reporting to the Group.
- Leads and manages the Finance function and team in accordance with the Company framework, values and leadership behaviours
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Relevant tertiary qualification with a qualified CA as a minimum requirement
- 7 to 10 years post articles experience
- At least 7 to10 years in Management/Leadership role
- Board experience
- Ability to lead, plan and manage
- Ability to understand regional business opportunities & risks related to Products, Markets, Competition, Strategy, Technology, Processes etc.
- Industry experience beneficial but not essential
- Strong focus on execution of daily operation
- Able to set priorities and be results driven
- Strong experience in Change Management and managing financial performance through structural change
- Must be a go-getter and be able to handle pressure extremely well
- Able to work in an international environment with cultural sensitivity
Please apply directly by clicking on the ‘apply now button’
and visit www.camining.com
for the latest CA Mining jobs.
Senior Executive Recruitment Consultant
Should you not receive a response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.