A leading multinational tire manufacturing company has an exciting opportunity which will be based in the Gauteng region, South Africa. Our client employs about 65,000 people and manufactures its products in 48 facilities in 22 countries around the world for automobiles, commercial trucks, light trucks, motorcycles, SUVs, race cars, airplanes, farm equipment and heavy earth-mover machinery.
Our client seeks to hire a financial analyst to support their Commercial Product Business Unit (Truck & Earthmover tyres) and local finance management in analyzing the financial impact of the business.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Education & Experience Required:
- Produce reliable financial forecasts (18MRF) and timely reporting and analysis of actual and estimates.
- Partner with the Commercial Director for SA & SSA to achieve business results.
- Provide required reporting of financials at various levels and ensures accurate accounting and compliance especially at the PBU level.
- Assimilate information and understand key business drivers.
- Analyse Impact of changes in Price, Management and Legal Costs, cost-to-Serve (CTS), and guide management with information to make sound business decision at PBU/ Brand /SKU level.
- Summarize and communicate financial and operating results against objectives. Provide qualitative analysis including variance analysis. Track the performance of the business and advise on how to improve on the results.
- Translate actual results into monthly FY (18 Months) forecast. Deliver variance analysis between forecast versions. Deliver variance analysis between forecast versions which include volume/Price/Mix analysis, sales operations, manufacturing cost, other Cogs and SAG expenses.
- Provide support and financial guidance for the Commercial organization assuring the appropriate return on the company investments.
- Assess and agree on the establishment of realistic and challenging financial objectives, budgets and strategic plans for the Commercial operations with high level of financial forecast accuracy
- Ensure compliance with financial processes as well as adherence to established corporate policies, internal controls and statutory requirements.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- '4+ years of experience in financial analytical skills and clear business acumen.
- Ability to analyse and providing explanations on the financial results and forecasting.
- A comprehensive understanding of the organisations product, policies, business practices and support structure.
- Exposure to a wide variety of finance/business practices in several different areas.
- PC literacy – Sound computer skills in Excel & Power-point. (SAP experience advantageous).
- Strong knowledge, understanding, and practical skills in relevant systems (i.e. ERP system (SAP preferred)
- Have the ability to analyze data, identify opportunities and propose solutions/alternatives in a pro-active manner.
- Strong Problem-solving skills and mentality
- Attention to details and accuracy
- Team player and able to interact with different levels of management
- Able to interface seamlessly with the Commercial leadership
- Collaborate and make decisions on the information provided
- Open minded and pro-active
- High sense of urgency and ability to deal with multiple and/or conflicting priorities
- Strong communication skills with an ability to listen effectively and articulate business cases
- Strong financial and business acumen
- Duration: Perm
- Salary: Market related
- Location: Gauteng
- Grade: E 06
- Department: Finance Department
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button and visit www.caglobalint.com
for the latest CA Global jobs.
CA Global Africa Recruitment
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.