Lead the everyday running of the business in Uganda providing management and guidance toward the successful achievement of the company’s strategic business objectives and financial goals. The successful candidate will have prior micro-finance/credit/collections/lending exposure.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Prepare and continuously maintain a comprehensive business plan and annual budget for Board approval and manage the organisation’s resources within the budgeted guidelines and relevant laws and regulations
- Develop and implement sales and marketing campaigns with the assistance of head office in order to drive loan book growth
- Develop and implement appropriate operational strategies and plans.
- Develop and implement appropriate collections management strategies and plans.
- Report appropriately, accurately and timeously to all relevant authorities
- Effectively manage Human Capital oversee the development of staff in all areas providing relevant training and development
- Manage the performance of the team and their results
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with Government and the private sector as well as potential and existing local funders
- Maintain and develop our corporate culture, values and reputation in the market and with our staff, customers, suppliers, partners and regulatory bodies
- Enhance processes and infrastructure, data and intellectual property to allow the organisation to grow and achieve its goal
- Oversee administrative functions to ensure smooth daily operations
- Report to the Shareholders/Board and the Executive Management Team on organisational plans and performance
- Relevant tertiary qualification and postgraduate qualification
- 10 – 15 years relevant working experience within the finance sector (currently employed within financial services)
- Microfinance experience with knowledge of Ugandan and general Microfinance laws
- Previous Collections experience will be advantageous
- Solid management, accounting and legal skills are essential
- Previous exposure to Africa in their career
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written with a strong command of the English language
- Travel may be required within Uganda and perhaps the rest of Africa if needed
- Salary dependent on technical skills and experience of the successful candidate
- Individual must be situated in Uganda at present
Clifford Ndlebe | Recruitment Consultant
CA Finance Recruitment | Tel: +27216599200
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. All CV's will be saved on our database for future positions.