CA Global Headhunters has been retained by the Afreximbank based in Cairo, Egypt to recruit for this position. For more information on the Afreximbank please visit their website www.afreximbank.com.
Should you meet the minimum requirements and wish to apply for the position please apply directly to CA Global Headhunters.
Reference Number: RSBBLR018
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- The general objective of the proposed role is to provide support to the African Union through the African Union COVID-19 Response Fund Secretariat in the implementation of the Africa Joint Continental Strategy for COVID-19 Outbreak as envisioned by the AU Bureau of Heads of State and Government.
- Follow up with Private Sector and other related organisations on amounts pledged for the Fund to ensure that the payments are secured in good time.
- Lead the efforts to obtain pledges of donations and the honouring of those pledges by Private Sector that are yet to pledge.
- Follow up on pledges made by other donors to ensure receipt of pledges.
- Set collection targets and produce strategies to achieve those targets
- In cooperation with the Executive Secretary of the Fund Secretariat, lead the development of any long-term funding strategy to achieve long term Fund goals.
- Identify new potential income streams and produce strategies to access these funds.
- Produce cost-effective budgets to achieve action plans.
- Develop and maintain income and expenditure tracking and evaluation systems.
- Support the disbursement and monitoring of COVID-19 funds and support financial reports for the Secretariat.
- Ensure production of effective, high quality proposals and reports to the Executive Secretary and Board of Trustees.
- Lead the funding plan for 2021 and development of new donors and funding streams.
- Develop and maintain effective supporter journeys for the development and retention of donor relationships.
- Provide periodic progress reports to the Board of Trustees.
- Bachelor’s degree and a post graduate degree in Development Studies, Finance, Economics, Business, Communications, International Relations, Public Policy, Strategic Management or International Development or an equivalent discipline from a recognized University or a recognized post graduate professional qualification in a relevant area.
- A relevant first level University degree with extensive experience and proven record may be accepted in lieu of an advanced University degree.
- Demonstrate strong leadership and management experience, and financial management skills, strong interpersonal skills, and ability to organize and motivate others and to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Demonstrable skills in fund mobilization at a senior level.
- At least 10 years previous experience in the formulation of policy, strategy, and execution of similar consultancies in Africa.
- Excellent marketing and communication skills and ability to interact with a variety of stakeholders including, at the highest level and excellent report writing and reporting skills to diverse audiences and at various levels.
- Excellent strategic visioning, planning, Implementation, monitoring and evaluations and reporting skills.
- Demonstrated record of setting clear standards for accountability, probity, value for money and risk management and zero tolerance to fraud and corruption; for ensuring sound and transparent financial management; and delivering continuous improvement, impact, efficiency, and effectiveness.
- Demonstrated intellectual leadership, creativity, and proven ability to propose new ideas and lead on new ways of working across silos in a complementary and synergistic way.
- Knowledge and experience in partnership management and coordination and programme management.
- Knowledge and experience in working with the AU Agenda 2063 and its First Ten Year Implementation Plan is an advantage.
- Knowledge and passion for Africa.
- Conversant with the working culture and environment of the AUC and ability to engage with Member States of the AU and the leadership and staff of the AUC.
- Proficiency in at least two of the AU working languages (English, French, Arabic and Portuguese) is a must (oral and written).
- Teamwork: Demonstrated ability to work in a multicultural environment and good interpersonal skills.
- Good planning, multitasking and capacity for timely delivery.
- 3 – month Contact, renewable.
- Willing and able to relocate to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
- Suitably qualified candidates from all African nationalities are encouraged to apply.
Please apply directly, by clicking on the ‘apply button’
and visit www.caglobalint.com
for the latest CA Global jobs.
CA Global Finance
Should you not receive a response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.