Head of Exploration (JORC/ Africa / Mineral Exploration / Coal / Iron Ore) – West Africa
65 1201 RR
Our client is a leading natural resources producer operational across the African continent. We are seeking an experience Geologist to lead the mineral exploration teams and projects in Africa, for both green field and brown field exploration. The Head of Exploration would need significant experience in commodities such as Iron Ore, Coal and Rare Earth Minerals.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Ability to suggest apt methods/techniques of remote sensing, geophysics, chemical analysis and other laboratory tests and drilling.
- Has worked with various international consultants, laboratories, equipment rental companies to advice Shareholders.
- Carried out Resource Estimation studies in compliance with JORC/NI standards and was previously involved in Definitive/Bankable Feasibility Studies
- Effective communication and negotiation skills to interact with international independent consultants and equipment manufacturers, local and expat (Indian and African origin) employees and local authorities, vendors.
- Actively follows-up on each exploration activity and regularly monitors (daily/weekly/monthly) activities carried out at each site.
- Critically evaluates plans and programs designed by the teams, effectively communicates, and justifies to Shareholders team for approval.
- Builds SOPs for each team according to international standards to avoid negligence by employees and costly mistakes.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- B. Sc or M. Sc or Ph. D in Geology
- 10 years of experience in Africa
- Has successfully carried out exploration in green field and brown field.
- 25 years of experience in mineral exploration especially, iron ore, coal, base metals, and rare earth elements
- 5 years’ experience in heading mineral exploration division of geologists, surveyors, laboratory, and drilling teams.
- To report to GMD/Shareholders through biweekly meetings
- Clearly understands Shareholders’ requirements and can guide each exploration team to achieve those requirements.
- Understands functioning of geophysics, laboratory, and drilling equipment.
- Competitive annual salary package (USD)
- Employment contract – 3 year (Renewable)
- Residential Role
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV
to Ruan Roodt at email@example.com
Please visit www.camining.com
for more exciting opportunities.
Senior Recruitment Executive
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.