Reference Number: 455 0802 MHU
The ideal candidate should have a minimum of 20 years of relevant geotechnical consulting and design experience in open pit mining and be able to develop and lead a team of engineers and geoscientists to service mining clients in the Europe, Africa, and Australasia regions.
- Open pit stability assessment and design including field investigation programs, structural analysis, kinematic assessments, rock mass characterization, slope stability analysis, and development of design criteria.
- Geotechnical inspection and design audits of operating open pit mines and waste dumps.
- Assessment and remedial design for complex modes of slope instability including assessment of slope monitoring data, evaluation of monitoring thresholds, slope failure prediction, development of safe operating procedures (SOPs), and trigger action response plans/procedures (TARPs).
- Detailed understanding of standard to advanced 2D and 3D limit equilibrium, finite element, distinct element, and rockfall/runout stability analysis methods using geotechnical software Dips, RocPlane, SWedge, RocFall, Slide2, RS2, SVSLOPE, FLAC, FLAC3D, UDEC, 3DEC, DAN-W, and DAN3D.
- Independent review of geotechnical design studies.
- Strong background in project management and business development, with ability to independently source clients.
- Strong technical, leadership, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication, and report writing skills.
- Ability and willingness to mentor and train junior and intermediate engineers.
- Business development skills including presentation of workshops and marketing.
- Willingness to travel internationally and to remote locations
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Bachelor’s degree in geological/geotechnical engineering from a recognized university and minimum of 20 years of related work experience.
- A post graduate degree would be considered a strong asset.
- Eligibility for registration as a Pr.Sci.Nat. or Pr.Eng. in South Africa
- Permanent role
- Competitive package inclusive of performance bonus and attractive incentives
Please apply directly by clicking on the ‘apply now button’
and visit www.camining.com
for the latest CA Mining jobs.
Senior Executive Recruitment Consultant
Should you not receive a response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.