Earthmoving Equipment Mechanic (Drill Rigs / Maintenance / DTH / Mining) – Northern Cape
The effective repair and maintenance of all plant (primarily Drill Rigs) on site with the least disruption to the site. Attempt to achieve maximum availability for each item of plant on site.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Diagnose faults and perform repairs on Sandvik DK 25 and DK 45 Drill Rigs.
- Carry out preventative maintenance on Drill Rigs according to Company standards.
- Carry out all minor and major services.
- Plan and schedule work required.
- Report all breakdowns to management
- Complete daily and weekly inspection sheets and advice notes
- Complete all process administration and submit to all relevant parties, on a daily basis
- Ordering of spares required for repair, maintenance and services
- Performance management and coaching of subordinates.
- Monitor and measure daily efficiencies
- Implement productivity improvement initiatives according to OE plan
- Ensure plant availability of 90%.
- Apply the necessary quality assurance methods and procedures according to the quality management system, specifications and legislation
- Coordinate services of all equipment and plant.
- Study and interpret workshop manuals and parts books for each machine being serviced or repaired.
- Comply with all safety and environmental standards and procedures of the company
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Grade 12
- Qualified Artisan – Apprenticeship program with Trade Test Qualification completed (Section 13 preferred)
- At least 3-5 years’ related work experience, with at least 2 years’ experience specializing in maintenance and repairs of Sandvik DK25 and/or DK 45 Drill Rigs.
- Valid driver’s license
- Clean criminal record
- Mechanical and technical skills
- Permanent employment opportunity
- Competitive annual package
- Possibility to earn overtime
Please visit www.camining.com
for more exciting opportunities.
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.